Hello Beautiful!

Sunday, December 2, 2012

                Go Green With Your Holiday Cards

  In our country alone we create 1 million tons of household waste during the holiday season alone. Yes 1 MILLION tons! After reading an article through planet green on this fun fact I got to work coming up with a truly Eco friendly way of spreading our holiday cheer. What was my solution.. well besides the not so personal ecard I came across plantable seed paper cards. These are affordable greeting cards printed on decomposable paper containing seeds of your choice. They come in fun designs or even easier on the pocket DIY cards. I'm going with the DIY option since I would like to spend my extra money on another one of my project cheer ideas. For $50 I got 90 sheets of paper, a festive holiday stamp and I am making my own ink.. yes you read that right. A small price to pay for showing my family and friends I am thinking of them and helping plant a few beautiful flowers that can be enjoyed for longer than a week.

www.bloomin.com. is where I purchased mine but there are several other sites which offer similar products.

No comments:

Post a Comment