Hello Beautiful!

Monday, December 3, 2012

Natural Cures for Anxiety and Depression

So for a while I have been experimenting with different natural cures for anxiety and depression. After going on and off several antidepressants which let me feel emotionless and drained I decided to go with what I do best... Natural Remedies.  Below is a list of some of the products I have tried and had excellent results with. There were also dozens I have tried that had no impact but I like to keep it positive so I am only giving the good reviews. 

First...
Natural Calm
This is a magnesium supplement. I chose to go with the one with Vitamin-D and Calcium added. After doing a little research I found out that most of the American population lacked magnesium. Symptoms of a deficiency include head ache, anxiety, muscle spasms, insomnia and hyperactivity. This gem of a supplement is tasty and helps combat these symptoms. I felt better after my second glass. Natural calm comes in several flavors but I prefer the lemonade. 


Next....
 Bach Rescue Remedy
Just four drops of this under your tongue and you will be relaxed. I like to take this before bed or when I feel an anxiety attack coming on. This product is totally natural and homeopathic. Doctor Oz claims he uses it everyday.. I don't know about Dr. Oz but I sure do. It has a strong alcohol taste but you can mix it in with a couple ounces of water to mask it. I highly recommend this if you have social anxiety or periods where your anxiety is worse than others. Best of all there isn't a noticeable difference. Its not like a prescription medication that leaves you feeling groggy or different. With this you feel just like yourself but magically your anxiety has eased if not disappeared. 

Lastly... 
Essential oils! These are amazing. No I am not talking about the highly toxic fragrances you find all over department stores. I am talking about good old fashioned essential oils. Virtually every ailment has an essential oil that can ease it. Since we are on Depression and Anxiety I will stick with those.

Lavender- There has been a lot of debate if this oil should be used neat or diluted. I personally use two drops neat and rub it along my spine every night before I sleep. Lavender sends a signal to your brain to relax. It also helps with a peaceful nights sleep.

Palo Santo- This essential oil is known for stopping anxiety attacks in their tracks. It has a smoky wood sent and is very calming as well as grounding. I use this in a warm bath or defuse it. This should not be used around children. 

Tangerine-  Contains esters and aldehydes that are sedating and calming, helping with anxiety and nervousness.



    

1 comment:

  1. Hi know that this is kind of an old post but I have some input! I have pretty bad anxiety, and while it is definitely not good for calming down in the midst of an anxiety attack, L-theanine is really good if you take it a couple of times per day as a way to focus. My new doctor wants me to get off of my prescriptions if possible, and L-theanine is a main ingredient in green tea.

    ReplyDelete